Requirements for Dirt Riding:
Your safety is of utmost importance. You must be an experienced off-road
rider to partake in our extended off-road riding. Our definition of
"experienced" is that you have ridden off-road motorcycles
for a number of years at some point in your life and are comfortable
riding in most terrain and situations. You must also carry private
We ride across the open desert, which requires you to be cautious
of the extremes of the this environment. Take the ride seriously,
dress for a crash, but enjoy the ride.
You must wear complete safety gear to include helmet, goggles, boots,
• You MUST bring at least 2 liters of water (as in a Camel Pack),
which you MUST replenish when able.
• Your bike MUST be able to go 65 miles on a tank of gas, or you must
carry extra fuel. Total mileage for the round-trip is a minimum of
110 miles depending on route.
• Inner tubes should have some kind of puncture sealant, like Slime.
• Handlebars should have some kind of hand protection to avoid cactus
needles ending up in your knuckles if you happen to veer off
• Your machine must be in good condition, with good tires. Mufflers
with Forest Service approved spark-arrestors are required to
• If you break down or are unable to continue, we will help facilitate
getting you and your bike back to Diamond Bell Ranch, or help
facilitate getting you to a medical facility as necessary. We ask
that you give us contact information for us to be able to notify
someone in case of an emergency.